Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Garbanzo bean salad


One of my favorite salads, healthy, easy and flavorful. We eat it all summer long at my house and I guarantee you'll fall in love, especially if you like the zing of lemon.

Garbanzo bean salad

4 cups garbanzo beans (cooked and cooled) - canned may be substituted
1 bunch parsley finely chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
1 red onion chopped
1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and halved
2 lemons (pulp & juice)
3 T extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup crumbled feta

Combine all ingredients except feta cheese in a large bowl add salt and pepper to taste, if possible allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Serve alone or on a bed of lettuce and sprinkle with feta cheese.

Great with falafel & hummus or whatever pleases you!

Medicinal FAQS: Parsley is one of the most versatile medicinal plants around and is absolutely a must have in any well stocked herbal garden. Parsley is high in iron content and rich in vitamins A, B, C and trace minerals. Leaves, seeds, and roots all have medicinal value in the treatment of diseases of the bladder and kidneys, rheumatism, arthritis and sciatica.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds DELISH! My kids adore chick peas :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solana loves it, I bet your kidoos will too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larissa, I am making this for a BBQ tonight. You can actually make me enjoy tomatos! Terrific recipe. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the family enjoys it and if you enjoyed the salads at S's picnic, you'll love this one! Hope your well!

    ReplyDelete