Friday, November 27, 2009

Reader Recipe (Arie's Potato Cheese Biscuits)

"I am a biscuit aficionado - I love & am in constant pursuit of the yummiest one. I threw these together today using leftovers from my fridge & they are so yummy I had to share :)"

- Arie

Arie's Potato Cheese Biscuits

2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup cold butter
1 cup mashed potato
1/2 c cheese sauce (any firm cheese is fine, I used Gouda)
1/2 c (or so) buttermilk

Mix dry ingredients together, cut in butter & mashed potato. Add cheese sauce & enough buttermilk to create a soft dough. Do not overmix!!!!
Roll out to 1 inch thick, cut with a biscuit cutter & bake (on stoneware if you have it) @ 450 for 12-14 minutes.

Thanks Arie, I'll try these this weekend, they sound fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. Cheese sauce is:

    2 tbsp butter
    2 tbsp flour
    1 cup milk
    1 cup grated cheese (cheddar, gouda, gruyere)
    salt & pepper

    Make a light roux by whisking the butter & flour together on low for a couple of minutes. Slowly whisk in milk, add seasonings to taste.
    Cook for a couple more minutes to thicken, then remove from heat & stir in the cheese until it's melted.

    Chill the sauce before using in the biscuit recipe :)

    ReplyDelete