Monday, October 12, 2009

Artichoke Dip

In celebration of her granddaughters first tooth that appeared this morning and her new road to food enjoyment, this first recipe is for Grama Murp.

This one is NOT for those of you scared of fat or heat!

Artichoke Dip

1 16oz can or jar drained artichoke hearts (quarter if not already quartered)
2 finely chopped red chilli peppers
8oz Grated fresh parmesan cheese
4 cloves finely chopped garlic
1 cup mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 425

Mix all ingredients
Spoon into a baking dish or ramekins (don't cover)
Bake until top is brown

Serve with warm baguette or whatever pleases you!

Love you mom :-)

7 comments:

  1. I stand proud and yell from the mountains of Alaska, I am not afraid of heat or fat!
    Yeah, one of my favorite recipes..sinful and yummy. I am waiting for the carrot cake recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Larissa,

    I usually use cream cheese in mine and have been craving this since I've been in Nigeria. I have mayo, currently no Parmesan but will substitute for some other cheese and give your recipe a shot! Thanks! By the way, we miss you and please give me Mr. DV's current e-mail so I can send him a belated bday wish! p.s. check out my Nigeria blog. thisnigerianlife.blogspot.com

    Love,

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try the artichoke dip for sure. I'm waiting for the carrot cake recipe too. I have to say that it will not taste the same :-)
    Kiss Solana! From cousin Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell me what you think after trying it, its one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. L-

    Just made it with everything you said and added some bitter leaf, the Nigerian equivalent to spinach and in lieu of parmesan used gouda and some of these laughing cow spreadable cheese things. Will let you know how it goes over after quiz night.

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That sounds like it might just work, you will have to let me know!

    ReplyDelete