Monday, October 19, 2009

Reader Recipe ( Rice family marinade)

I'm definitely a worshiper, here is the recipe for the my Dad's marinade that makes any roast taste fantastic!

Rice Family Marinade

3-4 lb beef roast, top or bottom round
1-2 T sesame seeds
1 med onion
2-3 T butter
1 C strong day old coffee
2-3 T worcestshire sauce
2 T balsamic vinegar
3/4 C soy sauce

Saute sesame seeds and onion in butter until caramelized, add remaining ingredients and marinate your roast in a tight fitting container at room temp for 12 hours. Refrigerate overnight and roast in the oven for 3 hours at 300 degrees or my dad always grills it for 25-30 min on each side (basting often).

If you roast in the oven then you can make a delicious gravy with the drippings.

Thanks MP, I'll give it a try soon, it sounds fantastic!

Submission by: Mary Pat Rice

4 comments:

  1. Hey MP, how should the onion be chopped?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can chop the onion however you like it, I chop it fine because my people think they don't like onions, (but they eat plenty without their knowledge).

    ReplyDelete