Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pumpkin Cake

For many of us fall harvest has arrived and Halloween is right around the corner. This year when your carving that perfectly frightening pumpkin, why not make use of the rest of it and turn it into a sweet treat.

Pumpkin Cake

2 C White Sugar
1 C Light olive oil (can be substituted for canola or vegetable)
3 Eggs (at room temperature)
2 1/2 C Pureed fresh cooked & cooled pumpkin or 1 16oz can
2 C White Flour
1 C Wheat Flour ( you can substitute more or less of each flour or even use cake flour)
1 t Baking Soda
3/4 t Baking Powder
1 T Cinnamon
1 t Nutmeg
1t Cloves
3/4 t Salt
3 T Water

Mix sugar, oil, eggs & pumpkin in a large bowl, mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to first mixture, add water and mix. Pour into buttered and floured pans, bundt and loafs work well. Bake in a 350˚ preheated oven for 1 hour or until a fork poked into the center comes out clean.

Serve warm with Chai tea, milk with honey and nutmeg or whatever pleases you!

3 comments:

  1. Hello from MN dear friend! I am so glad I can keep a touch of "Larissa" in my kitchen. I'll be sending you my blue berry pancake recipe if this post actually gets through to you. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are here with me. xoxo Can't wait to get some of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, this is one of my favorite recipes, but i have made some adjustments out of neccessity and it came out great. I have many jars of leftover babyfood from WIC that i never used so i substituted 3 jars of babyfood sweetpotato and 2 jars of babyfood squash, added 1 jar of babyfood pears, but you can use peaches, apricots, apples, and reduce the oil by 1/2 c. and the sugar by 1/2 cup and use all whole wheat flour, it comes out so smooth and moist and delicious. Even my big picky eaters loved it. -marypat

    ReplyDelete